Sunday, November 2, 2008

Investigation

The Problem:
The problem is to create a video that depicts our topic and have a part of it outsourced. This is quite important because it is a great example of in-forming and outsourcing. My topic is Google and I use it almost everyday to research for school purposes as do many other students from around the world. I think that it is amazing that Google got to be this big that people know and use from all parts of the world. This just comes to show how the world really is flat and small. People from across the world can communicate with each other with just a simple click of a button. Solving this problem is also relevant to the MYP Areas Of Interaction because it relates to Health and Social Education, Human Ingenuity, and Environment.

Some questions to guide my investigation are:
1) What are the different kinds of ways I can go about solving this problem?
2) What software is suitable to create this video?
3) Who will do the outsourced part?
4) What part of the video will be outsourced?
5) What will the outsourced part look like and how long will it be?


Design Brief:
To solve this problem, I am going to create a video about Innovation, Invention, and Prediction of Google Taking Over The World. I decided to make a short skit in the video to make it more entertaining and fun to watch. I am also going to read a bit of information about how Google is taknig over the world because the video is also supposed to be informative. I did a lot of research about Google over the past few weeks and helped my team create a wiki about it in the Flat Classroom Project. I gained a lot of information that I think would help me with this video from that wiki and some of the information I learned came from my team mates, so I would really like to thank them for all their hard work. Our team wiki about Google is here:

http://flatclassroomproject2008.wikispaces.com/Google

I am also going to use some of the photos and images that are on that page because I liked them and I think that they really depict the issue that I am talking about. One of the main ones is the first image at the top of the page with the Google crown on the world. I think that that delivers my main message of how Google is taking over the world.


Design Specifications:

  • It has to be about 3 to 5 minutes in length.
  • A part of it has to be outsourced by another team member in my group.
  • It has to show Google taking over the world and a prediction of what is going to happen next with it.
  • It has to be informative/ educational.
  • It can include a short skit.
  • It can include interviews.
  • It can include images and photographs.

No comments: